Botox Treatments in Columbia, MD
Botox® for Lips, Forehead, & More at Bella Medical Aesthetics
Are wrinkles and crow’s feet zapping your self-confidence? Or perhaps confidence isn’t a problem, but migraines and irritated skin are. Whatever the case, the Botox® treatments performed at Bella Medical Aesthetics may be a solution. Botox® is an injectable medication that paralyzes specific muscles in the face, causing them to relax and the skin to appear smoother. If you’re concerned about wrinkling skin on your face, the staff at our Columbia, MD can use Botox to eliminate them. Contact Bella Medical Aesthetics today to find out how Botox® can help you or to book an appointment.
Botox® Fixes Numerous Aesthetic Issues
Botox® injections are best known for the aesthetic concerns it addresses, and for a good reason. This treatment can correct a slew of issues many people have with their facial appearance. Botox can treat the following and more:
- Forehead wrinkles: Botox® for the forehead can eliminate wrinkles and deep furrows that form over time from stress and frowning. A Botox® brow lift can also tighten and smooth the skin around the forehead by lifting along the eyebrows.
- Crow’s feet: Botox® for crow’s feet can take care of unsightly laugh lines that become more and more prominent as you age.
- Teeth grinding: Botox® can help lessen teeth grinding and bruxism that causes people to clench their teeth unconsciously.
- Under-eye wrinkles: One of the most prominent locations wrinkles form is under and in the corners of the eyes. Botox® for under eyes can smooth these wrinkles caused by years of smiling and laughing.
- Frown lines: If you have frown lines or other wrinkles around the mouth, Botox® can smooth those out as well. These form with age and can’t be avoided naturally. Mouth corners can also turn downward as you age, and Botox® is an excellent fix for these as well.
- Lip flip: Botox® for lips can give you beautiful lips that flip outward.
- Smokers’ lines: If you’ve developed lines around the mouth as a result of smoking, Botox is an aesthetic solution that can smooth them out.
- Platysmal bands: Cosmetic Botox® can relax the neck muscles to get rid of the vertical ridges that become more prominent as you age.
- Angry appearance: Sometimes, excessive furrows and wrinkles can imprint a constant angry look on your face. Botox® around the eyes can relax the muscles and allow you to lose the worried, angry look.
Botox® for Medical Purposes
While Botox® is known for its cosmetic uses, the injections can also be used to treat several medical issues. If you struggle with one of the following conditions, Botox® injections could be an effective solution for you:
- Migraines: These severe headaches can be very disruptive and make it difficult to focus. Fortunately, the FDA approves Botox® treatments to address migraines. If you struggle with migraines for more than half the days in a month, ask Bella Medical Aesthetics friendly staff about Botox® injections.
- Hyperhidrosis: This condition causes excessive sweating and is often embarrassing. Bella Medical Aesthetics can address constant sweating with Botox®. The treatment blocks the nerves and limits sweat production to only when you need it.
Botox Q & A
Botox is an injectable prescription medication used to temporarily reduce the appearance of moderate-to-severe facial lines. It paralyzes targeted muscles, preventing the movement that creates creases such as crow’s feet, frown lines, and smile or smoker’s lines.
How long does it take?
Botox is a very quick procedure, typically taking about 10 minutes plus any needed time for consulting and preparation, such as applying ice. Results begin to appear within 24-48 hours. Your results last for up to 4 months, at which point you can schedule your next treatment.
How Many Botox® Injections Do I Need?
The number of Botox® injections we’ll perform changes based on the patient’s needs. If you’re looking to treat crow’s feet, typically three injections for each eye will suffice. Frown lines require closer to five injections. Other deeper lines could require more Botox® injections to get the desired results. Don’t worry, though, Botox® injections don’t take too long. The procedure generally takes ten minutes but can vary depending on how many injections you need. Once you’re done, you may see results for up to four months.
Do Botox® Injections Hurt or Have Side Effects?
Botox® injections don’t typically cause pain. You may feel some mild discomfort or a small pinch, but numbing agents applied before the procedure can minimize that. As with any medical procedure, Botox® does come with a few potential side effects. A few patients experience eyelid drooping or allergic reactions. Because of this, it’s essential to be candid with your doctor about any preexisting conditions or allergies. After the procedure, some patients report experiencing dry mouth, fatigue, headache, neck pain, and vision problems. If you notice any of these side effects, call your doctor right away.
Do Men Get Botox®?
Many men assume that Botox® is only for women. While it’s often portrayed in the media that cosmetic procedures are only for women, Botox® is just as much for men. These cosmetic injections work for men the same as they do for women. In fact, the number of men opting for cosmetic procedures is on the rise, and nearly 18% of Botox® injections for frown lines were given to men.
Will I Look Unnatural After Cosmetic Botox®?
At Bella Medical Aesthetics, we don’t intend for Botox® injections to alter your appearance drastically. After a Botox procedure at our Columbia, MD office, you’ll appear and express yourself as you would before. If you have concerns with the outcome of the procedure, discuss your hesitation with your doctor. Dr. Nagpal and other experienced Botox® providers will be able to inform you of the results you can expect. Remember that results are temporary. If you dislike the outcome of a procedure, our staff at Bella Medical Aesthetics can change the procedure to your liking.
Hyperhidrosis causes excessive sweating, a condition that embarrasses many of our patients. Fortunately, Botox® has been found to be effective in blocking the nerves that activate your sweat glands. Botox® essentially inhibits overactive sweat glands and limits production to when your body is actually hot.
If you suffer from chronic red and irritated skin on your face (Rosacea), Botox® might provide much-needed relief. Bella Medical Aesthetics has had success using Botox® to lessen the symptoms of Rosacea.
You’re a candidate for FDA-approved Botox® treatments if you suffer from migraines 15 or more days a month. Migraines are disruptive to your daily life, and Bella Medical Aesthetics wants to ensure you live a more normal life. Botox® will reduce the muscle contractions that cause migraines for approximately three months, greatly enhancing your quality of life.
Book an Appointment in Columbia, MD for Botox®
If you’re sick of deep furrows, wrinkles, and crow’s feet, consider a professional Botox® procedure from Bella Medical Aesthetics. Our Columbia, MD is staffed with experts on Botox® injections who can skillfully deliver the treatment. Botox® has been known to restore confidence in both men and women, and we want to help you regain your self-esteem as well. Though individual results may vary, Botox® for lips, forehead, and under eyes can improve your appearance and make you feel attractive. Contact Bella Medical Aesthetics today to book an appointment with Dr. Nagpal.
Let’s Make A Bella You
New Patient Promo – 10% or More on Select Treatments!
and More on Select Treatments!