Undoubtedly, you’ve heard of laser hair removal, or LHR. It’s an effective method to get rid of unwanted hair anywhere on your body or face, and it has incredibly long-lasting results.
A same-day laser consult is a great way to determine whether this procedure is right for you. Here’s what you need to know about this important laser hair removal appointment with your provider.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
LHR works by targeting hair follicles in the treated area with highly concentrated beams of light. The laser emits a specific wavelength of light that is absorbed by the pigment in your hair follicles. This absorption of light converts to heat, which causes damage or destruction to follicles, inhibiting future hair growth.
Because not all hair is in the active phase of the growth cycle, which is required for the follicle to be treated with LHR, you will need multiple sessions. For optimal results, be sure to complete the full treatment plan developed specifically for you during your consultation.
What Happens During an LHR Consultation?
The exact process may vary depending on the clinic or provider, but here are some common aspects you can expect during a laser hair removal consultation:
- You will be asked to fill out a medical history form to gather information about any health conditions you have, medications you are taking, previous hair removal methods you’ve used, and any skin concerns or allergies you might have.
- Your provider will examine the areas you wish to treat to assess your hair and skin type. This evaluation helps determine the most suitable laser settings and treatment approach for your specific needs. They will consider factors such as hair color, thickness, density, and the color and sensitivity of your skin.
- You will have the opportunity to discuss your hair reduction goals and what you hope to achieve with laser hair removal. Your provider will explain to you realistic expectations about the potential results, the number of sessions required, and any limitations based on your unique situation.
- Your consultation allows you the chance to learn how laser hair removal works, the technology they use, and the principles behind it. They will describe the specific laser system they utilize and how it targets the hair follicles to inhibit hair growth.
- You’ll be given detailed pre-treatment instructions to follow before your LHR sessions. These may include avoiding sun exposure, discontinuing certain hair removal methods, and refraining from using certain skincare products or medications.
- Potential risks and side effects associated with laser hair removal will be explained. This may include temporary skin redness, mild discomfort during the procedure, potential pigment changes in the treated area, and rare but possible complications.
- A treatment plan will be created based on your hair and skin type. You’ll be given upfront costs, and they may also discuss any package deals or discounts available. Oftentimes, you can receive a discount if you pay upfront for your recommended sessions or treat multiple areas at once.
- If you decide to proceed with LHR, you will typically be asked to sign a form indicating that you understand the procedure, risks, and benefits and that you give your informed consent to undergo the treatment.
Remember, a same-day laser consult is an opportunity for you to ask questions, express any concerns, and gather information to make an informed decision.
Bella Medical Aesthetics Makes Scheduling a Same-Day Laser Consult Simple!
We offer laser hair removal treatments that are safe for all skin types and tones. Our team would love to meet you and discuss a customized treatment plan to meet your unique needs. Contact us at 240-713-6587 to book your appointment today!